Official Contest Rules
Knott’s Ticket Giveaway
- The “Fish Knott’s Berry Farm Tickets Giveaway” (“Contest”) is open to any legal resident of the United States, eighteen (18) years of age or older, who resides in the KFSH-FM broadcast listening area and has the 95.9 The Fish mobile application (the “App”) downloaded on his or her mobile phone. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of New Inspiration Broadcasting Company, Inc., licensee of KFSH-FM (“Radio Station”), its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies, and its advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Radio Station representatives will periodically give away pairs of Knott’s Berry Farm admission tickets (“Tickets”) in person at various locations in the community (“Ticket Stops”). The specific date and time of each upcoming Ticket Stop, in addition to the number of winners at each Ticket Stop and the number of pairs of Tickets to be given to each winner, will be announced on-air and/or via social media websites, including twitter.com/thefishla, www.facebook.com/959thefish and/or www.instagram.com/thefishla beginning at least one (1) hour prior to the Ticket Stop. If the number of eligible entrants at a Ticket Stop is greater than the number of pairs of Tickets to be given away, the Radio Station representative will write down a number from one (1) to one-hundred (100) and entrants who select a number closest to the number chosen by the Radio Station representative will be a winner. If there is a tie between entrants with the closest number, this process will be repeated with only the tied entrants participating until a winner is determined. Entrants must show the Radio Station representative the App on his or her mobile phone in order to be a winner.
- If an entrant is selected as a winner at a Ticket Stop, the entrant and any of his or her household members are ineligible from being selected as a winner at any future Ticket Stops during the Contest.
- Each winner will receive at least one (1) pair of Tickets, with an approximate retail value of $90 (the “Prize”). Tickets expire June 30, 2019. All other expenses, including transportation to and from Knott’s Berry Farm, hotel accommodations (if needed), and any food or beverage items and souvenirs available for purchase at Knott’s Berry Farm, outside of the lounge, are the responsibility of the winner. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent will be given for the Prize; provided, Radio Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The winner may have to complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. The Prize will be awarded in person at the Ticket Stop after the winner completes all necessary paperwork. If winner does not complete the affidavit and release at the Ticket Stop, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the winner grants permission to the use of his/her/its name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Radio Station without additional compensation. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entrants who appear at each Ticket Stop.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of General Manager of Radio Station ("Contest Judge"). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the Contest Judge, whose decisions shall be final. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this Contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (i) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (ii) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Radio Station, its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies or its advertising and promotion agencies, or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and may be required to complete a W-9 taxpayer identification form. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Radio Station, its parent company and its parent’s affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
- To find out the winners of the Contest, send your e-mail request to [email protected] once the names have become available upon the conclusion of the Contest.